(TIPS) IAS Mains Form 2009 for UPSC Civil Service Exam : by Mrunal
I'm uploading the UPSC civil service mains exam form in ZIP FILE
@ Current candidates who've not got the mains form yet and who've never filled it before,
I'm uploading this for you so just take the look at the instruction and the details and keep those xerox copies
and other information ready so when you get the form, you can immeditly fill it and return back. Otherwise just reading the whole
instructions and filling it takes up almost more than 2 hours.
[also for the future candidates preparing for 2010-11]
Download the Zip file Below. Each page is in the jpeg file- you need to zoom in it to read clearly.
it contains all the 13 pages of Mains form
(the performa to be filled by OBC candidates - i'm not uploading it because time limit.)
Here is the preview of the contant of this zip File
The Mains Form letter package that you recieve @ home, contaings 3 Things
1. The Letter from Deskofficer
*included in the Zip file*
2. The Instructions booklet + The Actual Form
*only the Actual Form minus OBC performa is included in this Zip file.*
3. The Big 300 Pages Gazette notification that tells you about the syllabus and plan of the Exam, pay scales info, rules for determining physical disability, Ex-serviceman status etc. etc..
(its written in both Hindi and English hence its so big.)
*not included in the Zip File*
most of the stuff is easy, the things you should keep ready is
1. Two unstamped 11.5 X 27.5 CM envelops- self Addressed.
2. If you had given the prelims exam before 2009 then keep those reciepts ready because you'll need to write down those roll numbers.
3. on the form you've to paste your photo and get it attested by a Gazetted Officer / Principle of college etc.
4. attested and certified copies of following (whatever applies to you)
School LC (for Age verification) ,
5. the info. of everything from 1 to College (because there is a table where you've to write name of school / college-
and years when you were in it.)
6. Marksheet of 10,12,College etc (because there is a table where you've to write all %, Board name etc right from Metric level to last degree)
7. Don't forget to write something in the hobby. You must write a hobby. (because they'll ask questions from it in the interview) and if you don't write a hobby
then better have a good reason for not having a hobby because otherwise you're going to hear from the interview panel that 'Even Atal Bihari Vajpayee had hobby of writing poems even when he was loaded with lots of work as PM '
8. Make sure you make no mistaking in writing
| 1. Examination Location (ie. @ which city you want to give the exam)
2. Optional Subject
3. Indian Language for paper.1
4. your b'day
5. reservation etc if applies.
[actually all things are imp to be filled in the form but these are most imp.]
Once you finish filling your mains form , Arrange it in following manner
| 1. the Actual Application- don't forget the 100 Rs. Central Recruitment stamp if that applies to you.
2. the acknowledgement Card
3. Two Envelops
4. Xerox copies of your education qualification
Last date of submission
If you live in Hill States / Himachal / J&K / Andaaman-Nicobar, then Last date of submission
You need to send it to
Union public service Commission
@those who're complete newbie to the civil service exam field-
(you are not supposed to 'use' this form that I'm uploading. its only for demo-illustriation-education-information- purpose only.)
you don't directly get the mains form, you need to clear the prelims exam first.