(Download) IB-Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (Executive) Grade II Exam Sample Paper : 2010
English Language & Comprehension (Held on 24-1-2010)
English Language & Comprehension:
DirectionsтАФ(Q. 1тАУ5) Some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and blacken the rectangle corresponding to the appropriate letter (A, B, C). If there is no error, blacken the rectangle corresponding to D) in the Answer sheet.
1. Though there is hourly bus service on this route (A) / a number of people are still suffering (B) / as there is no bus shelter here. (C) No error. (D)
2. The boss took strict measures (A) / with a view to ensuring punctuality (B) / on the part of his subordinates. (C) No error. (D)
3. People prefer to be identified (A) /by their caste community or religion first (B) / rather to be known as Indians first. (C) No error. (D)
4. Mrs. Dorai would rather (A) / spend a quiet evening (B) / than attending a party. (C) No error. (D)
5. Being idle sometimes is agreeable (A) / but being idle all the times (B) / might become monotonous. (C) No error. (D)
DirectionsтАФ(Q. 6тАУ10) Choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word and mark it in the Answer sheet.