(Paper) BEd Exam online Solved Paper prepare for BEd Entrance 2009 Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Delhi (3)
Paper : BEd Exam online Solved Paper prepare for BEd Entrance 2009 Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Delhi
101. The value of
102. In a mixture of 35 litres, the ratio of milk and water is 5 : 2. Another 5 litres of milk is added to the mixture. The ratio of milk and water in the new mixture is—
(A) 3 : 1
(B) 1 : 3
(C) 2 : 3
(D) 3 : 2
103. Walking at 4 km an hour, a peon reaches his office 5 minutes late. If he walks at 5 km an hour, he will be 4 minutes too early. The distance of his office from the residence is—
(A) 5 km
(B) 4 km
(C) 3 km
(D) 2 km
104. If 5x–2·32x–3 = 135, then the value of x is—
105. The simple interest on a certain amount at 4% p.a. for 4 years is Rs. 80 more than the interest on the same sum for 3 years at 5% p.a. The sum is—
(A) Rs. 6000
(B) Rs. 7200
(C) Rs. 7500
(D) Rs. 8000
106. A trader marks an article at 30% more than the cost price. He gives 10% discount to his customers and gains Rs. 25·50 per article. The cost price of the article is—
(A) Rs. 150
(B) Rs. 200
(C) Rs. 175
(D) Rs. 250
107. The price of sugar is increased by 25%. How much per cent should a man decrease his consumption so that there is no increase in his expenditure ?
108. Rs. 6500 were divided equally among a certain number of persons. Had there been 15 more persons each would have got Rs. 30 less. The original number of persons was—
109. 2 men and 6 boys can do in 4 days a piece of work which would be done again in 4 days by 4 men and 3 boys. One man will do it in—
(A) 36 days
(B) 24 days
(C) 16 days
(D) 12 days
110. If sin A = 24/25, the value of tan A + sec A, where 0° < A < 90° is—
111. If tan A = n sin B and sin A = m sin B, then the value of cos2 A is—
(B) m2 × n2
(C) m2 – n2
(D) m2 + n2
112. The angle of elevation of the top of a hill at the foot of a tower is 60° and the angle of elevation of the top of the tower from the foot of the hill is 30°. If the tower is 50 m high, the height of the hill is—
(A) 100 m
(B) 125 m
(C) 150 m
(D) 200 m
113. A steel wire when bent in the form of a square encloses an area of 121 sq. cm. If the same wire is bent into the form of a circle, the area of the circle is—
(A) 88 sq. cm
(B) 142 sq. cm
(C) 154 sq. cm
(D) 212 sq. cm
114. The number of spherical bullets that can be made out of a solid cube of lead whose edge measures 44 cm, if the diameter of each bullet be 4 cm, is—
115. The ratio between the radius of the base and the height of a cylinder is 2 : 3. If its volume is 1617 cm3, the total surface area of the cylinder is—
(A) 575 cm2
(B) 770 cm2
(C) 1205 cm2
(D) 1500 cm2
116. The median of the following data is—
25, 34, 31, 23, 22, 26, 35, 26, 20, 32
117. The average weight of 10 men is decreased by 3 kg when one of them whose weight is 80 kg is replaced by a new person. The weight of the new person is—
(A) 70 kg
(B) 60 kg
(C) 50 kg
(D) 73 kg
118. The value of k so that the points A(k, 1), B(2, 1) and C(5,–1) are collinear is—
119. The common difference of the A.P. a, a + d, a + 2d,… for which the 20th term is 10 more than the 18th term, is—
(B) – 4
(C) – 5
120. Two dice are thrown simultaneously. The probability of getting a total of at least 10
101. (B) 102. (A) 103. (C) 104. (D) 105. (D) 106. (A) 107. (B) 108. (C) 109. (B) 110. (D)
111. (A) 112. (C) 113. (C) 114. (A) 115. (B) 116. (B) 117. (C) 118. (C) 119. (D) 120. (D)
(iii) Social Science
121. The Treaty of Sreerangapattanam was between Tipu Sultan and—
(C) Warren Hastings
122. The famous Besnagar Pillar Inscription of century 150 BC refers to the great theistic cult of—
(A) Panchika and Hariti
123. What is a water hyacinth ?
(A) A weed
(B) A medicinal plant
(C) A decorative plant
(D) A highly sought after plant
124. To which of the following bills must the President accord his sanction without sending it back for recommendations ?
(A) Ordinary bills
(B) Finance bills
(C) Bills passed by both the houses of Parliament
(D) Bills seeking amendment to the Constitution
125. The amendment procedure of the Indian Constitution has been modelled on the constitutional pattern of—
(D) South Africa
126. Indian Railways tied up with which of the following to launch a co-branded card and
traveller loyalty card to tap the huge railway passengers market ?
(A) BoB card
(B) Citibank card
(C) SBI card
(D) None of these
127. Which bank advertises itself as the world’s local bank ?
(C) ICICI Bank
(D) ABN Amro
128. In which state is Silent Valley located ?
(A) Tamil Nadu
(D) Arunachal Pradesh
129. Which of the following is not a promotional and motivational measure suggested in the National Population Policy 2000 ?
(A) Reward Panchayat and Zila Parishad for promoting small family norm
(B) Incentive to adopt two child norm
(C) Couples below poverty line will be given health insurance plans
(D) Banning abortion facilities (looking at female infanticides)
130. Who said, “HANOZ DELHI DOOR AST” ?
(A) Nizamuddin Aulia
(D) None of these
131. In which of the following constitutional documents did the British Government for the first time, officially lay down as the goal of constitutional development in India, not only dominion status, but also responsible Government ?
(A) Indian Council Act, 1892
(B) Indian Council Act, 1909
(C) Government of India Act, 1919
(D) Government of India Act, 1935
132. In which state is chromite abundantly found ?
(B) Madhya Pradesh
133. For what is the Manas Sanctuary in Assam known ?
(C) Wild ass
134. The Rajya Sabha can take initiative in—
(A) Censuring a Central Minister
(B) Creating a new All India Service
(C) Considering Money Bills
(D) Appointing judges
135. Which of the following provides the largest part of the demand for loanable funds in
(A) Hire purchase borrowers
(B) Private house purchasers
(C) Corporate businesses
136. Who amongst the following was impeached in England for acts committed as Governor General of India ?
(B) Cavendish Bentinck
(D) Warren Hastings
137. The National Stock Exchange of India (NSEI) was inaugurated in—
(A) July 1992
(B) July 1993
(C) July 1994
(D) July 1995
138. One of the major towns of the Godavari region in the Satavahana kingdom was—
139. In the Islamic (Mughal) buildings that came up in India, the elements of decoration did not include—
(B) Depiction of living beings
140. Jaya is the name of a high yielding variety of—
121. (A) 122. (A) 123. (A) 124. (B) 125. (D) 126. (C) 127. (B) 128. (B) 129. (D) 130. (A)
131. (C) 132. (C) 133. (B) 134. (B) 135. (C) 136. (D)
137. (A) November 1992 (Incorporation)
April 1993 (Recognition as a stock exchange)
June 1994 (Commenced operation in the
wholesale Debt Market segment in June 1994.138. (A) 139. (B) 140. (B)
141. Choose the word opposite in meaning to ‘Dormant’—
142. Choose the word opposite in meaning to ‘Malignant’—
143. The word ‘Tacit’ means—
144. The word ‘Enunciate’ means—
145. ‘One who is well-versed in the science of languages is called a—
146. ‘A person who abstains from all kinds of alcoholic drinks’ is called a—
147. Choose the correctly spelt word—
148. Choose the misspelt word—
149. Choose what expresses the meaning of the phrase ‘a black sheep’—
(D) A family member one disapproves of
150. Choose what expresses the meaning of ‘pull the wool over one’s eye’—
151. Choose the passive voice of—‘Who ate my cheese?’
(A) By whom is my cheese being eaten ?
(B) By whom was my cheese eaten ?
(C) By whom will my cheese be eaten ?
(D) By whom was my cheese been eaten ?
152. Choose the indirect speech of—My father said, ‘Study hard’—
(A) My father scolded me to study hard
(B) My father asked me to study hard
(C) My father requested me to study hard
(D) My father said that I must study hard
153. Choose the most appropriate word to fill in the blank in the sentence—
My father is angry …… me.
154. Choose the most appropriate word to fill in the blank in the sentence—
Trust …… God, and do your duty.
155. Who wrote the poem ‘Tintern Abbey’ ?
156. Who wrote the novel ‘A Tale of Two Cities’ ?
157. Who wrote the play ‘All’s well that ends well’ ?
(B) Eugene O’Neill
158. Farmer Boldwood and Sergeant Troy are characters in the novel—
(A) The Mayor of Casterbridge
(B) Far from the Madding Crowd
(C) The Return of the Native
(D) Tess of the d’Urbervilles
159. Robert Browning was a poet of which period in literature ?
(A) Age of Reason
(B) Romantic Period
(C) Victorian Period
(D) Modern Period
160. Which of the following is not a language skill?
141. (D) 142. (B) 143. (C) 144. (B) 145. (C) 146. (C) 147. (D)
148. (A) 149. (D) 150. (D) 151. (B) 152. (B)
153. (B) 154. (C) 155. (C) 156. (B) 157. (D)158. (B) 159. (C) 160. (C)